Let's GO FORWARD.

Help t.e.m.k. raise money to purchase Superman tags - DONATE NOW!

Questions about the campaign or T.E.M.K.?

E-mail Trisha at temk4good@yahoo.com.

Friday, May 25, 2007

The First Seven

The Tsuru Project officially began in late January 2005 when the first seven cranes were sent to TPTB in Los Angeles. I had taken pictures of the initial package, but for the longest time I was not able to locate them until my Dad found them somewhere in the house. (Thanks, Dad.)

I have scanned a few of these pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't have digital camera at the time and had only a disposal camera. I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures. The project turned out magnificently, and I wish I had a better camera to truly capture the detail of the package. I can't take full credit for the craftmanship of the painted lions that flanked each side of the box. I have to thank my youngest sister for that.

The idea of the package was that of a box which contained hopes and dreams. It was a simple white box with two golden dragons that acted as guardians and were held together a red ribbon which secured the contents of the box. Inside, as you lifted the lid was a different story. There existed a fantastical world of 5 colorful, flying cranes and a lotus flower. Included with the package was as letter which introduced the campaign and its idea. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact transcript of the short letter I had written; it is in another computer. The letter was enclosed in a card with 2 cranes. Thus, the package had a total of 7 cranes. I had chosen seven being that it is a mythical number.

Here are a couple of pictures of the crane package. To see the rest, follow this link.

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to New Blogger by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro